July Wrap-up and Haul: Because I May Have Went a Little Overboard On the “Haul” Part
Am I writing this a few days late? Yes. Let’s not focus on that. Let’s just focus on the fact that this thing is being written. Yeah? Yeah. Let’s do that.
July was a shameful reading month. After killing it in June, I entered one big huge reading slump. It was awful. Only Schwab was able to pull me out of it. But more on that later.
Before I begin, I just want to give a HUGE shoutout to Esther. SHE’S AMAZING! Bookstagram brought her to me and I am grateful. Go check her out and show her some love!!!
Okay, now on to the shame. Here we go!
This one’s embarrassing. I’m ashamed of myself. (But also secretly proud?) Yeah, we’re just going to get on with this.
- Our Dark Duet: Ummm, long story short? This book ripped me apart. It hurt my soul. SO SO BAD. But I regret nothing. Yeah. Read it in a day. Whatevs.
- Six of Crows: I FINALLY BOUGHT THIS BOOK. Thank you Amazon Prime Day! I’ve been wanting to read this book for months. But I was told that I needed to read the Shadow and Bone series first. So I did. And this is the reward (because I need a reward for suffering through Mal).
- Crooked Kingdom: This came in the box set with Six of Crows! 😍
- A Gathering of Shadows: I can’t help it. This woman writes gold. Also, IT’S SIGNED 😱 There is a short story about this book I shall share. Once upon a time Lindsey found this book in a smol local bookstore while visiting her family. She opened the inside cover and cried when she saw the signature. But she was so broke and convinced herself that a cheaper, unsigned copy from Amazon was just as good (I know, Lindsey wasn’t thinking straight). Seven months of turmoil and regret pass. Lindsey vows to never again put down a signed book, especially if it’s signed by the Queen of books. When she returns to visit her family, she decides to check out that smol bookstore. To her surprise and delight, THE BOOK WAS STILL THERE. (I mean, what kind of people don’t snatch up that treasure over seven months?! Haters of life, that’s who.) Lindsey then amended her ways (and cried) and bought that precious book. THE END.
- Illuminae: I first saw this book when I started bookstagram. I mainly wanted it for the cover. Let’s be honest, that’s still a driving factor 🙈
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You: Speaking of cover buys, the first book in this series was my first cover buy since starting bookstagram. I then rented the second one through the library and bought the third one (because I was on a roll and I’m not about that waiting life). And because I’m OCD I needed to get the second one to complete my collection (thank you Book Outlet).
- The Bane Chronicles: How does she keep going?!? Cassie Clare is unstoppable. I thought she was done when she wrote the third Mortal Instruments book. Nope. Not even close. I’ve got some catching up to do.
- The Crown’s Game: I’ve heard good things. And seen this book around. And it was $3. NO I DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM.
- The Diabolic: Again, I’ve heard good things. AND $4 😱
- The Serpent King: My friend demanded I should read this. So why not buy it? 😅
I’m ashamed to say that this list is quite smaller than the books bought one. I’m hoping to reverse the list sizes in August. (But hey, both my reads were five stars. That has to count for something, yeah?)
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab ★★★★★
This book pulled me out of my very long book slump. Thanks to this series, I read two books in a week, which was progress for me. THANK YOU SCHWAB.
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab ★★★★★
Like I said, this book KILLED ALL THE FEELS. (Also, the review I gave contains spoilers so…careful.)
I mean, it’s a small accomplishment but, I REACHED 1K FOLLOWERS. I freaked out. It was great! Also, this was my first month repping for Muggle Library Candles. I absolutely LOVE Ashley and all of her candles. They make my soul sing and bring joy. Now, here’s a shameless plug for me feed. CHECK ME OUT AND GIVE ME LOVE 😘
Don’t know if you want to know about my personal life BUT OH WELL. YOU GET TO KNOW ANYWAY. On that note, July wasn’t very eventful.
- I’m working a full 40 hours a week. And it’s exhausting. It’s almost enough to make me miss classes. Almost, but not really. Not having homework after work is WONDERFUL.
- I found out I have to move early from my current apartment, and it’ll be a week before my new apartment is ready for me. Thank goodness for kind friends who are letting me crash in their guest room.
- I got this blog up. ISN’T IT PURTY?!? Yeah, I’m proud of it ☺️
- Did I mention I made money? From working? Because I did. Which means I spent more money on books and bookish merch. So yeah. No one should trust me with money.
- My sister and I pretty much binged the entire Avatar series (the cool cartoon, not the lame blue people).
And that’s it. It’s been an expensive month. And I regret none of it. Judge me all you want. I STILL REGRET NOTHING.
Like I said, I hope August is a more productive month. Like saving money. And reading more books. Maybe even some more writing. Yeah, I should probably write more before classes start back up 😅
How did your July goals go? Did you spend too much money like me? Or did you crush all of your reading goals?